“Nominate Your School” Contest Official Terms & Conditions
1. The sponsor is: CAULIPOWER®, whose registered office is at 16200 Ventura Blvd., #400, Encino, CA 91436.
2. The contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. states and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and older at the time of entry, except employees of CAULIPOWER® and OneSun and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organizations or judging of the contest.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest. A purchase or payment will not increase an entrant’s chances of winning.
4. By entering this contest, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. The contest will be communicated via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and email.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. The contest begins on September 12, 2018 at 6:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 15, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM PT. After the closing date, no further entries to the contest will be permitted.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules of the contest and how to enter are as follows:
To enter: Parents (or guardians, teachers, mentors, etc.) with a public Instagram profile will need to follow @CAULIPOWERED on Instagram, post an Instagram tagging #CAULIPOWERYourSchool and @CAULIPOWERED - showing why their school should get a teaching garden. Posts could feature their child’s school, their child, or whatever inspires them, with a compelling reason why they want to see this school get a garden that helps kids have access to fresh, healthy foods.
Entrants will also have the option to enter by visiting eatCAULIPOWER.com/GrowYourSchool and fill out a simple entry form sharing their:
• Name of Your School
• School Location (City, State)
• Why we should put a garden in your school (optional entry + photo/video)
• Opt In to receive emails from CAULIPOWER
11. The sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the sponsor’s control. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the sponsor.
12. The sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this contest.
13. There will be one grand prize winner chosen from a selection of the top 10 entries (to be determined by sponsor based on merit)
14. The prize is as follows: a teaching garden for the school mentioned in the submission, including programs and tools for installing and maintaining, a one-year supply of CAULIPOWER for the entrant’s family (52 pizzas, 12 bags of baking mix, with an ARV $525) and a $1,000 scholarship for their child (a check that can be used toward any educational savings account).
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
15. The winner will be chosen: based on quality and feasibility of receiving a teaching garden, including the following list of school requirements:
• Diverse population
• School has to be a title 1
• Administration buy-in from stakeholders
• Commitment of planting space
16. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
17. The winner is responsible for verifying eligibility based on the entry requirements outlined herein
18. The winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and tax acknowledgment. In no event will more prizes than stated in these Official Rules be awarded. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
19. The sponsor will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
20. The sponsor’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by United States law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of United States.
22. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [US] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
23. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: info@eatCAULIPOWER.com
CAULIPOWER® shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
CAULIPOWER® also reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.